LA VALSE 1.5ML SAMPLE
- TOP: Black Pepper, Vanillin
- HEART: Rose Bourbon, Rose Absolute
- BASE: Vanilla Bean Tincture, Patchouli, Benzoin
INCI / Potential Allergens (potential allergens from natural components of the ingredients used in our perfume including our organic alcohol base, essential oils, absolutes, etc.): alcohol, geraniol, citral, citronellol, eugenol, farnesol, linalool, limonene
Wit & West Perfumes is a 100% all-natural botanical perfumery with a focus on rare ingredients and legit scents for those who don't want to smell like everyone else. Based in Colorado, our small-batch artisanal perfumery is solely owned and operated by myself (Wit) and my husband (West). All fragrances are designed, formulated and bottled in-house by me, with creative content designed by West. Our perfumes are handcrafted in small batches using only the finest, high-quality 100% natural whole botanicals and naturally derived ingredients including wildcrafted and organic essential oils, CO2 extracts, absolutes, naturally derived isolates as well as custom handmade tinctures and enfleurage extraits carefully selected, sourced and handmade from raw materials including those from our very own garden. The alcohol base used in our perfumes is three-stage filtered USDA organic grape alcohol made from the finest certified organic wines and grape varietals. Our perfumes are made from 100% all-natural ingredients and are vegan, cruelty-free (we're proud to be Leaping Bunny certified), phthalate and paraben free.
Unique, Never Boring • Don't Smell Like Everyone Else
Fragrance by Wit, Design by West
Website Photography by BlueSky
Perfume and the world of perfumery is thousands of years old with its origin being rooted in the burning of incense. The first use of perfume can be traced back to Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia and Cyprus where the first perfumes were blended with aromatics and rare raw materials such as resins, oils and fragrant herbs. Perfume usage and the art and craft of perfume-making has evolved over 5,000 years – with the decline of natural perfumes beginning in the 20th century as synthetics entered the market. Synthetics allowed both the perfumer and perfume-wearer increased accessibility to the world of perfume through the use of less expensive ingredients. As a result, since the early 1920s synthetics have dominated the perfume world with most mainstream perfumes being comprised of very few (if any) natural ingredients.
While certainly having a purpose and place in mainstream and indie perfumery, we believe that synthetics alone do not represent what scent and perfume should be – inimitable, luxurious and natural – an olfactory interpretation of an essence in its true form that elicits emotion, connects us to the natural world, and ties memories to the moments in our lives. Synthetic materials alone fall short of our standard for drawing upon the richness and beauty that exists in the natural world. If compared to other prized sensory experiences such as wine, artisanal coffee or chocolate – using synthetics is considered non-negotiable. We take this same approach in our perfumes.
Perfume can't truly be experienced if treated as disposable, uninspired fast fashion. We believe perfume is an experiential art, both for the perfume wearer and the perfumer. Our approach is based on a commitment to creating authentic, handcrafted perfumes developed with 100% natural whole botanicals and naturally derived ingredients that are unique and never boring. At Wit & West there is no corporate structure or shareholders who tell us what our brand is or should be, no scent of the month gimmicks and no outsourcing of our perfume creation or fulfillment. All perfumes are designed, formulated, bottled and packaged in small batches completely in-house in our studio in Littleton, CO. As a purpose-based business, we strive to ensure our small-batch process, 100% natural whole botanicals and naturally derived ingredients and packaging are focused on sustainability, minimalism and recyclable materials. By purchasing our raw materials and packaging in small quantities as well as producing our finished perfumes in small-batches, we ensure we only produce what will be enjoyed - with as minimal waste as possible. All of our perfumes are cruelty-free and vegan, phthalate and paraben free.
Fragrance by Wit, Design by West.
- Natural perfumes made from 100% all-natural ingredients tend to last between 2-6 hours depending on the perfume as well as the person wearing the perfume. Ensure you have well-moisturized skin and apply perfume liberally on your pulse-points. For added longevity try spritzing in your hair.
- Dark colored perfumes may potentially stain clothing. Spray directly on skin to avoid any clothing stain mishaps.
- Keep your perfume bottle away from extreme temperatures and avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- As with any perfume, you should always conduct an allergy patch-test prior to use. Our perfumes contain ingredients such as citrus essential oils, floral absolutes, etc. that some individuals may find irritating to their skin.
- Citrus oils used in some of our perfumes can cause photosensitivity, do not apply to the skin before direct sun exposure.
- Common Sense Reminder: For external use only. Do not ingest. Avoid contact with eyes.